The little one has been really interested in cooking lately. He mixes, pours, and taste tests like a (clumsy) professional chef. It is so cute! We recently discovered fun pods which are basically elevated boxes, which allow him to reach the counter safely. It has been a huge help and I love having a little helper in the kitchen.
The little one and I have a minor mac and cheese addiction. While it’s delicious, it’s not really a proper meal, so the we have been experimenting with different ingredients to create a fancy mac and cheese recipe. We’ve finally found a combination of ingredients that creates a yummy, well balanced, mac and cheese meal.
Fancy Mac and Cheese with Peas and Ham
1 box Kraft velveeta mac and cheese
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup pre-cooked ham
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon mustard
1 dash of garlic powder
1 dash of hot sauce (optional)
1. Boil water and add pasta according to the directions on the box, but do not drain pasta.
2. While pasta is boiling melt butter in a skillet and add bread crumbs. Stir occasionally until bread crumbs are golden brown and remove from heat.
3. When pasta has finished boiling add frozen peas to pot with pasta and water. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
4. Drain pasta and peas.
5. Stir ham, mustard, and garlic powder in to pot with pasta and peas.
6. Stir cheese packet in to the mixture.
7. Stir mac, cheese, peas, and ham until well incorporated and put individual servings on plates.
8. Add a ring of toasted breadcrumbs to the edge of the mac and cheese.
9. Top with parmesan cheese and hot sauce (optional)
If you have a little one, be sure to check out the fun pods. They are perfect for safely keeping toddlers at counter height so they can master their culinary skills without tumbling off chairs.
A group of bloggers and I have teamed up to bring you a fabulous giveaway you can’t resist! We’re giving one precious follower a gift package consisting of a gold Ipad Mini, authentic Tory Burch tote bag, Tory Burch shoulder bag and a Tory Burch wallet, all valued at approximately $1,900! By following as many bloggers as you want on the Gleam widget below, you will have better chances of winning! Good luck lovelies!