One of my favorite quick hairstyles is the cotton candy bun. It literally takes me less than 3 minutes and is perfect for a casual day or work hairstyle. It also looks very similar to the top knot hairstyle that is so trendy right now. All you need is a few minutes, a pony tail band, bobby pins, and a tease comb.
Watch this quick and easy hairstyle tutorial below.
You can see other hair tutorials on the tutorials page here.
1. Gather hair into a high pony tail at the crown of your head and secure with an elastic band.
2. Separate hair into six, one-half inch wide sections of hair.
3. Tease each section vigorously (the amount of teasing will determine how big the bun is).
4. Loosely gather sections together with hands and pat down fly away hairs.
5. With hands approximately one-third of the way down the ponytail gently twist hair up and around the base of the ponytail.
6. Continue wrapping hair around the base until you reach the end of the hair.
7. Tuck ends under the bun with bobby pins.
8. Gently pull bun apart to make it wider.
9. Finish with hairspray.